How do I create an MSI file?
How do I repackage .exe installation or other system changes to MSI?
Which packaging tool has both a simple design and advanced features?
Where can I get a professional packaging tool under 500 euro/600 dollars?
Master Packager is a tool to create and edit Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) files and repackage other installation to MSI format.
Our vision is to make application packaging easy, fast and affordable that is accessible to everyone from application packager freelancer, small company and enterprises.
Our team, including myself, has been working as application packagers since 2012 with more than 5000 created application packages. During this time, we have worked with many packaging tools; however, there were several issues with them. Either they were very expensive, slow to handle large MSI files, or did not have the out-of-box functionality we were looking for to automate tasks. To start creating more packages in a shorter timeframe while still improving packaging quality we got this idea. We developed a team that could create our own packaging tool that we would use ourselves and eventually make available to others.
We created Master Packager so packagers could solve issues they have all over the world. We are testing Master Packager with the most complicated applications we have ever seen to ensure that the repackaged applications work the same as the original.
Our master plan is:
1. Use our packaging knowledge to build packaging tool and license it
2. Use that money to develop even better packaging tool
3. Release free version with features that other tools don’t have or are only accessible for a lot of money
4. Use free version as marketing for Master Packager Profession edition
5. Use that money to make Free and Profession edition even better
Don't tell anyone.
- Toms Knostenbergs Master Packager co-founder